Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Thoughts on the Matter

Even after receiving all the encouragement for my writing and poems, I was still not mentally prepared to be the subject of this abject admiration and ‘respect’. Flattered beyond words and humbled beyond measure, I was rendered speechless when asked for relationship advice, moral support and psychological therapy. So what if I am incapable of feeling romantic love, and the word ‘moral’ has only just been inferred in my vocabulary and lifestyle and psychologically,...(weLl if u know me , you know the deal). Maybe you don’t have to be logical and ‘sane’ to give advice. Maybe Dr. Phil, after giving these long and reasonable explanations on respect and love, beat his wife for eating the last piece of cheesecake in the fridge. Maybe he verbally abuses the Hispanic maid for putting ugly seams into his favourite, mud colored Tuesday pants that he wears on the show. I don’t know. Maybe. So despite my shortcomings and downfalls, I present to you my honest and subtly diluted 'Thoughts on the Matter.'


‘Love’ and ‘normal’ are two words most loosely used and coincidentally rarely meant or understood. Lets start with ‘normal’ In all of my existence , I have never been described as normal and I have come to the realization, that there is no such thing . Normal is such an ugly term – Everyone has their quirks about them. For instance I like to believe I’m James Bond and jump out of moving buses, I like waking up singing an Indian chant in the middle of the night ..(haye aye aye aye ..), I love staring at my mother in the shower with a creepy look on my face .. that makes her jump and vow that she will send me to Tapion to get my head checked,, again. Normal is relative. Its normal for men to smoke ,, but maybe they’re just compensating for putting long, thick, cylindrical objects in their mouths and sucking on it. Dont ask.
All these top notch psychologists have a theory and balance by which to judge a person’s behaviour. Mentally unstable, eccentric or normal. Mine says that I’m just strange, and think differently but I’m ‘ok’. I’m eccentric. Should I be happy and relieved (like my mother) that there is nothing wrong with me? What if I told her of the voices in my head.. and what they keep telling me ..*awkward pause*.. (Im playing, there are no voices in my head) *cough* Einstein by all accounts and pictures should be labeled as a crazy bastard, .. but ironically he’s a genious. So what if he made many contributions to physics which included the special and general theories of relativity, the founding of relativistic cosmology, the first Newtonian expansion, explaining the perihelion advance of Mercury, prediction of the deflection of light by gravity and gravitational lensing, the first fluctuation dissipation theorem which explained the Brownian movement of molecules, the photon theory and wave-particle duality, the quantum theory of atomic motion in solids, the zero-point energy concept, the semiclassical version of the Schrödinger equation, and the quantum theory of a monatomic gas which predicted Bose–Einstein condensation. His hair was messed up and for that alone he should have been locked up. However now, society undermines creativity and to make everything simpler.. just label it as ‘crazy’. Respect eccentricity and unlikeness.


>> beep beep. (Interruption in the regular programming)--- this ‘article’ for want of a better word cannot continue because Treasure Lionel’s pc has AIDS. Seeing that she is not the fastest ‘typer’ and this computer will shutdown at any moment it would be wise if she stops now. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. Go back to your lame lives already in progress. <<

No comments:

Post a Comment